- there are two pages with id layoutDesc!
- Additions and Varia
- Art Themes
- Attribution of single statements
- Authority files (keywords)
- Bibliographic References
- Binding Description
- Create New Entry
- Critical Apparatus
- Decoration Description
- Definition of Works, Textparts and Narrative Units
- Documentary Texts
- Dubious spelling
- Editing the Schema
- Editing these Guidelines
- Editions in Work Records
- Entities ID structure
- General Structure of Work Records
- Hands Description
- Identifiers Structure
- Images of Manuscripts for editions
- Manuscript Contents
- Manuscript Description
- Manuscript Physical Description
- Named Entities
- Narrative Units
- Object Description
- Place or Repository
- Relative Location
- Roles and roleNames
- Seals Description
- Some useful how-to for personal workspace set up
- Stand-off annotations with Hypothes.is
- Standardisation of transcription from Encyclopaedia Aethiopica
- State and Certainty
- Statements about persons
- Summary on the Use of @ref and @corresp
- Team IDs
- Text Encoding
- Transliteration Principles
- Validation process
- Works Description
- Zotero Bibliography Guidelines
- titleStmt of Manuscript Records
Secondary bibliographic references given in catalogues about a certain work can also be included here, as they do not belong to the manuscript description.
If you need to add an indication of exact reference, it should be given in a
<citedRange>↗ element, as in the following
<citedRange>↗ can take several values in
@unit and can be repeated if there is a need
to specify a volume, an entry, etc.
Please, do not use
this is unnecessary.
Please note that lists of references about a manuscript should be kept with the manuscript and bibliography about a text should be kept with the text, etc. No typed bibliography is entered in the record, only pointers to a common bibliographic database.
The target should be a uniquely assigned tag in the Zotero Group Bibliography EthioStudies. If the item you want to cite does not yet have a unique tag, please assign one with this format and using only latin alphabet letters
Please make sure this contains no special characters, only digits and latin characters. To check that this is unique, after saving the record in Zotero, click on the tag and check that only one item has this tag. If not, change the keyword of the tag just assigned.
When adding records to the Zotero Group Library, please follow the principles at this page.
You can use a
@corresp to link a
<bibl>↗ element to a
part of the file with an
The above example would point the bibliographical reference directly to the
<title>↗ with that ID.
In this second example the
@corresp points to a
If you want to encode a bibliographic reference provided by a catalogue to a editions of a text and catalogue descriptions of manuscripts featuring the same work, please add bibliography to the work or manuscript in question directly.
Revisions of this page
- Pietro Maria Liuzzo on 2018-04-30: first version of guidelines from Wiki